Fall 2021 Updates
- With Panopto, you can easily upload a video you’ve already created, or use Panopto’s recording apps to create a new one!
- You must first log-in to the platform via this website in order to activate your Panopto account.
- Start by choosing the right folder and share permission.
- How to Upload Videos: Panopto Article | Panopto Video
- Build a Session (Advanced): Panopto Article
- Import Already-Existing Media into Panopto: Humber PDF
Using the Panopto Recording Apps
Panopto has 2 tools available to help you with recording – a desktop/app-based tool, and a web-based tool.
- Desktop – Panopto for Windows/Mac: Humber PDF | Panopto Article for Windows | Panopto Article for Mac
- Web – Panopto Capture: Panopto Article | Humber Video
- New browser-based alternative to Panopto’s desktop app
A simple alternative
Not ready to create a full-blown video yet? Consider recording only your voice, and then upload a PDF to your voice recording, so that students can browse through the PDF while listening to your lecturette/mini-lecture. When you’re done, add Closed Captions to your video, and now you’ve got a nice and simple interactive voice recording for your students!
Reminder: Check it before you send it! See our PDF on what to check before you share your videos.
Within Blackboard, faculty can seamlessly embed Panopto videos, connect Panopto Quizzes with Blackboard’s Grade Center, or receive Video Assignments from students.
As of September 2020, all student-facing courses are automatically provisioned. Dev, SBX, Master, and Cross-Listed courses are not automatically provisioned. If you would like to use Panopto within these courses, you’ll need to manually provision your course.
Provisioning is the process of making the connection between your Blackboard course and Panopto to allow you to access and embed the videos you have uploaded. Since each Blackboard course section is unique (unless cross-listed), this connection must be made for each section.
Embed your Panopto Videos
Embedding is a great way to share Panopto videos with your students. Your student can play the video directly within Blackboard without having to click on additional links.
- Embed Videos: Humber PDF
- As of May 11th, 2021, there are multiple embed buttons within Blackboard Ultra. The above instructions have not changed. See article on Panopto and Blackboard Ultra.
Activate the Panopto Portal
You can also choose to activate the Panopto Portal within your Blackboard Course. The Panopto Portal is a browseable “window” into your Blackboard Course Folder, which students can use to more easily navigate all videos you’ve uploaded into your Blackboard Course Folder.
- Activate Portal: Humber PDF
- As of May 11th, 2021, there are multiple Panopto dropdowns within Blackboard Ultra. The above instructions have not changed. See article on Panopto and Blackboard Ultra.
- Students have to click the Panopto portal from the course sidebar at least once per semester. Doing so eliminates any grant access requests.
- This “click” is what synchronizes the access and tells Panopto which courses the student is registered in, so that they can view content that you’ve uploaded in any of your Blackboard Course Folders.
Student Guide to Panopto
We’ve created a short student guide which can be shared with your students.
Panopto supports in-video quizzing – an easy way to engage your learners and improve content retention!
First, you’ll need to build the quiz in Panopto. Then, in Blackboard, connect your quiz to your course.
NOTE: As of May 11th, 2021, there are multiple Panopto quiz buttons within Blackboard. The below instructions have slightly changed. Faculty must now click “Panopto Quiz – Original View”. See article on Panopto and Blackboard Ultra.
Panopto’s “Assignment Folder” can assist you in collecting video assignments from your students. Examples of video assignments can include: Video reflections, video presentations, short films, and more.
- The first step in preparing to use the Assignment feature is to have students complete the student work waiver.
- Enable the Assignment Folder: Humber PDF
- Change the folder settings based on your needs: Humber PDF
- Sharing Option A. Activate the Panopto Portal in your Blackboard course so students can access the Assignment Folder. Make sure the Panopto Portal is viewable to your students.
- Activate Portal: Humber PDF
- Sharing Option B. Use the Grade Centre with the assignment: Humber PDF
- Give students the video uploading tip sheet: Humber PDF
Humber promotes an inclusive and accessible learning environment. Please ensure all videos uploaded to the platform include Closed Captioning and are accessible to all students. The first article will provide you with a great summary of how to do so!
- How to create accessible videos in Panopto: Humber PDF
- Closed Caption Styling Tip Sheet: Humber PDF
- Importing Automatic Captions: Panopto Article
- Automatic Captions are not available immediately after a video has been uploaded and processed. If you are not seeing the option, check back in 5 to 60 minutes.
- Creating Captions: Panopto Video
- Download the file from the video’s Settings > Outputs tab > Download Podcast option.
- View the captions within the downloaded file from the VLC media player by going to the ‘Subtitle’ option at the top and select ‘Track 1’.
You can also download the caption file separately from the video’s Settings > Captions tab.
- Have you heard about Panopto’s Smart Search? Find any word spoken or shown on screen in any video.
- Searching Inside Videos: Panopto Video
- Did you know that the video statistics section shows viewer engagement details?
- Read the Panopto Article.
- Use the Discussion tool to engage students.
Frequently Asked Questions
- All Humber employees have creator and viewer access to the platform.
- Students may login to Panopto, but can only upload videos if assigned access by their instructor.
- University of Guelph-Humber employees are directed to use their own dedicated Panopto platform. All UofGH employees have creator and viewer access. Login with your UofGH credentials here.
- Humber faculty who teach at Humber and University of Guelph-Humber will only be able to use Panopto within their Humber courses.
- All employees should automatically be granted access into Panopto. If you are unable to login, please call Humber ITS at 416.675.6622 ext. 8888.
- If you are receiving a “No account found for this email address. Please contact your instructor or IT administrator for information on your Panopto site” message, it is because you have not yet logged in via panopto.humber.ca.
- If you are having issues accessing a specific folder, please contact Humber’s Panopto Support Team.
- Nope! Students are automatically assigned access through Blackboard. Technically, this is done through provisioning, but we can call it magic.
- Your students can upload work via the Assignment Folder. Just make sure that your students have signed the appropriate waiver.
- Give students this Panopto guide if you share videos with them.
If your students are receiving this error, change the Share permissions based on the decision flowchart or follow the steps below.
If your video is within your My Folder, follow these steps:
- If you do not need students to login to view your video, set your folder or video to: “Public (unlisted)”.
- If you would like your students to login to view your video, set it to: “Your Organization (unlisted)”.
- Consider creating subfolders and organize your videos by subject or course. This way, you can adjust the permissions on the entire folder instead.
If your video is within your Blackboard Course Folder:
- You do not need to change the permissions. Your video is automatically available to students within your section.
- Only students within that particular section can view your video. If students from other sections are trying to view this video, they will be faced with “grant access” error.
If a student within that course section is receiving the error, they may need to click on the Panopto Portal from within Blackboard at least once within the semester, to initialize their access.
- If you are creating a video for use within multiple course sections, consider moving your video to your “My Folder” and following the instructions above to share your video.
Give students this Panopto guide if you share videos with them.
Don’t know where your video is? Contact Humber’s Panopto Support Team.
- You can only upload videos that you have rights for or have been given permission to upload.
- Consider embedding your Lynda or YouTube video using Blackboard’s Mashup Tool, instead!
- Panopto acts much like any other video server. When a video is uploaded, there is a period of time that is required for that video to process. Longer videos require more time.
- A 5 minute video should take no more than 20 minutes to process. A 60 minute video may take anywhere from 30 minutes to 2-3 hours.
- Contact Humber’s Panopto Support Team for additional support.
- If the video has just been uploaded, it may still be processing. Videos that are still processing will not appear in the Panopto mobile app.
- Please wait 15-60 minutes, and try again, or login using your laptop or desktop to check the status of your video.
- If you uploaded your video to your My Folder, or any location other than within your Blackboard Course Folder within Panopto, your students will not be able to see the video automatically.
- We recommend you either:
- Change the permissions on your video to either:
- Your Organization (unlisted): Only those who have the URL, or can see the video embedded on Blackboard or another site, can see the video. They also have to be an active member of the Humber community to see it.
- Public (unlisted): Anyone in the world who has the URL, or access to whichever page you’ve embedded the video on, can see the video. Please note that videos designed to go “public” or “viral” should not be uploaded onto Panopto.
- Move the video to your Blackboard Course Folder within Blackboard
- We recommend this if the video is intended to be “short lived” or only watched by the students within that particular section.
- Change the permissions on your video to either:
- Panopto Quiz results are only accessible within the “Full Grade Centre”. If you are trying to view the results under “Tests”, they will not be there.
- Verify that the person has logged into Panopto at least once (otherwise you will not find them).
- Make sure that the “Who can access” section of the item’s Share options is set to Restricted (the default).
- In the “People and groups” section, enter the person’s details using either one of three ways:
- Type their full name
- Type their Humber username but add unified\ before it. (i.e. unified\n01234567)
- Type their full e-mail address
- If you are sharing a folder, you will have an option to invite them as a Viewer or as a Creator. Inviting them as a Creator allows them to embed the video(s), but also allows them to edit and delete.
- Note that you cannot find a person by partially typing any of their information.
- Contact us for other suggestions.
Great question! The Panopto Desktop app is a great way to capture and upload directly into Panopto, using your screen, audio, webcam, or all three!Top things to know:
- The application will often default to recording both your webcam and your screen. Please review your video sources before clicking record (you don’t want to accidentally capture any sensitive information on your screen)
- You may wish to change the quality settings to “Ultra” for the best looking video. You should only do this if you have a relatively new and fast computer.
- Once you click “stop”, you will need to wait until the video finished uploading to the Panopto website, before closing the app.
- If you only intend to record PowerPoint on your screen, then you do not need to record any of your screens. Just make sure you check off “Capture PowerPoint” on the Panopto Desktop app.
If you need further support, check out:
- An Institutional Resources folder exists for the purposes of easily accessing instructional corporate resources across the College. To view this folder, you must have logged in via panopto.humber.ca at least once. If you are still unable to view the folder, connect with IT Support Services for future support (ext. 8888).
- A scenario exists where you might move a video to a folder with different permissions, or change the permissions from unlisted to only specific people. In some cases, the video can still continue to be played by those who have last had access.
- This is temporary, as the changes need some time to propagate through the servers. While these changes should only take 1 minute to apply, please allow up to 15 minutes before contacting Humber’s Panopto Support Team.
- Use the Recycle Bin to view and restore the deleted video. Click on System in the lower left corner then select Recycle Bin.
- The deleted date is shown below the title. After 90 days the video will be gone permanently.