We are excited to announce that Humber’s Panopto Platform will be migrated to Canadian servers on Friday, January 17, 2020. There will be minimal impact to members of the Humber Community.
|Migration Window:||6:00am Friday, January 17 through to 3:00pm Saturday, January 18|
|Viewer Downtime:||Approximately one hour between 9:00am and 2:00pm on Saturday, January 18|
|Panopto Canada “Go-Live”:||3:00pm Saturday, January 18|
Please read below for information with regards to how this may impact you.
- Faculty/Staff:All creator abilities will be disabled during the migration window between approximately 6:00am on Friday, January 17 through to 2:00pm on Saturday, January 18. This means that no videos or content may be uploaded or edited during this time. Students will not have access to your Panopto content for approximately one hour on Saturday.
- Students: All videos or content on Panopto will be unavailable for approximately one hour between the hours of 9:00am and 2:00pm on Saturday, January 18.
- Live Event Teams: Remote Recorders, API Keys, or RTMP Streaming will need to be reconfigured. Please see below.
What do I need to know?
- All content will be automatically transferred by Panopto & Humber’s Panopto Support Team. No action is required on your part, before or during the migration.
- If you have embedded your videos on Blackboard, or if you have shared content via any other means (such as e-mail), your links and embeds will continue to work after the migration.
- During the migration, you will not be able to upload any content.
- If you make any changes during the migration window, those changes will not be transferred and will be lost.
Do I need to do anything after the migration?
The majority of users can simply continue to login as you normally would. If you are using the Panopto desktop/mobile apps, are part of an events team, or have used Panopto quizzes with Blackboard, please follow the steps below:
- For those using the desktop/mobile apps:
Please follow the “Reconfiguring your Panopto App for the Canadian Migration” guide for simple instructions on reconfiguring your Panopto app.
- For advanced users or events teams:
Please follow the “Reconfiguring Advanced Applications in Panopto” guide to ensure your events and webinars continue to run smoothly.
- If you have used Panopto Quizzes within Blackboard:
Please follow the “Reconfiguring your Panopto Quizzes for the Canadian Migration (Updated: Jan 16)” guide to restore quiz functionality. Your quizzes will not function until you reconfigure them. Your quiz grades have not been impacted.
If you have questions or require support regarding the migration process, we are happy to help! Reach out to us using one of the ways on our Contact page.
Your friendly Panopto administrators
Darren Richards & Lisa DiBarbora